Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Khai Gets A Sister


My sweet Khai. He wanted a sister. Hoped for one. He kept telling everyone he thinks we are having a boy but hopes for a girl. No doubt he heard me saying this..  Both boys hoped for a girl actually, and I'm so happy to have been able to give them a baby sister to look after and love and dote over. This is one lucky gal.
I had hoped Khai would have been one of those kids who was so excited to have a new sibling that he'd be all over her. But the day he came to the hospital to see us, he was more interested in what cartoons were on TV and his bag of greasy gross Wendys. No matter though, he was 6 years old. The following weeks there was some adjustment issues.. a little attitude here and there. Totally understandable and it made me realize my baby was feeling perhaps pushed to the side because Maiya needed my immediate attention. But so did Khai.  I am not sure yet how other moms juggle it all. I'm still trying to figure it out. Now 10 weeks into it all though, Khai has become a  lot more helpful. He brings me diapers, he plays with Maiya, he soothes her when she cries.  Today he said his favorite stuffed kitty was "theirs". And when I told him being a mom to a new baby is no easy feat and that I barely have time to eat or drink some water even - he opened his little fist filled with Goldfish crackers and offered them to me. Little crushed crackers from my sweet little boy. Then he took my empty bottle of water and refilled it for me and said "it sure looks tough being a mom!" I love this kid.  I want to hug him and squeeze him up tight and kiss him til he pushes me away and then kiss him some more. I really miss him.



No comments: