Sunday, December 22, 2013

3 Months Maiya


I can't believe 3 months have flown by already. I was looking back at Maiya's newborn pictures and realized just how much she's grown in these past few months. The hardest thing is not being here each day to watch the new things blossom.  I went back to work on December 2nd and my days start at 5am and I don't get home until near 6pm.  My commute both ways is in the dark and I feel like I barely get to see these kids except for when they are going to bed.  But lets not get mopey here..  lets talk about the things this little girl is up to in her mere 3 months!


At 3 months, Maiya:

  • Smiles  - I can't tell you how much I love this. She smiles so much now!  And its about time because the first two months was crying and grouching alllll the time. I love her smile, her smile melts me in a heartbeat!
  • Has found her hands and her feet!  - actually she found her hands last month and her feet this month ( roughly a month before Khai did).
  • Talks - Well, coos and attempts to mimic and just chatters away!
  • Teething -  What what? She's begun teething already. Lots of drooling and gumming her fists. I don't recall all of this with Khai? Is this teething? I have no idea.. but the drooling is happening.
  • Rolling - She's trying! She wants to badly....

Speaking of Khai and time flying by. My first born... growing up so very fast before my eyes, I'm afraid each time I blink because when my eyes open again he's grown another inch, another minute, another year.  I look back through my posts and can't believe he's come so far from the teeny little baby he was to this grown boy who seems to not need me as much anymore. He's so smart and so active and has a mouth that won't quit. The energy he has on most days I can only wish for. You wouldn't believe me if you saw him in the mornings though. Talk about the dramatics of being tired. Which too, sometimes play out at bedtime when he says he's soooooo tired and can't possibly brush his teeth, and then spends his energy fussing about it for the next 10 minutes. I spend alot of time watching him sleep these days - as I mentioned, it seems this is when I see my babies the most. His face has changed so much, grown from the chubby baby cheeks, the little curly locks of hair, and the teeny feet.  Some days I see the baby face in him still, other days I see what he might look like 20 years down the road.  I love these kids more than they could ever really know.

Her straight face here cracks me up.


September 13 vs. December 5

No comments: