Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Here's to a New Year!


Happy 2014!  Well.. soon. It's almost midnight and i've spent the past hours trying to get Maiya asleep. She's so tired but just won't cave. I feel bad for this little gal because somethings been a little off with her the past few days and I'm not quite sure what it is. It could just be her going thru a new developmental phase. It could be the formula I tried her on the one time. It could be absolutely nothing at all. Whatever it is (or isn't), she is happy when she's happy. Chatting nonstop and smiling her sweet baby smile. But then just as much as she does that, she cries her eyes out, turning her bottom lip out in the cutest way ever. Lately too, it seems that all she wants is Mommy. She isn't as welcoming to anyone else holding her, including her Daddy, which hopefully is short lived. I read somewhere that around this stage babies can be clingy and fussy. Perhaps thats what's going on.. just a phase.

Fast forward... it is now past midnight and woohoo! I finally got Maiya to sleep and made it out of the bedroom a whole 30 minutes before the ball dropped!  I'm not sure why I woohoo'ed that as it's really just another day/night to me at this point. But in the last moments of 2013, I was at least able to run down and hang out with Khai, Carter and John and put on my party hat and take a bunch of silly pictures, ending it all with Khai counting down the seconds and then both boys disappearing to play video games. Always with the video games...   And then fast forward again.. 2am, I'm back upstairs with Maiya. In fact i've been back upstairs for about an hour now.

And that, was my New Years Eve. Woohooooo!

Maiya's First New Years Eve!

We made ice cream in a bag! Yum!

 Happy New Year!!!

Special. Thats all I can say about these clowns.



No comments: